Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rest

This past week everyone and their older, cooler brother has been sick. Including me. It sucks, obviously. And to top it off, I have had to take time off from my workouts.
In the meantime, I have gone to work carrying stashes of Emergen-C and tea. I feel like a Colombian drug mule.
During times like this it is important to remember a few things.
  • Time off can make you come back stronger
  • Don't throw up until you have something to throw up in, like a trashcan or someone else's backpack.
It's true. rest allows the body to recover and gives your body tissues a little extra time to repair themselves. Those few days off can give your body extra time to build strength for your next workout.
But don't take too long to get back to your routine. The body adapts quickly, and before long it will have adapted to lying around doing nothing!

Some things you can do to make sure you recover quickly:
  • Eat the right foods
  • Sleep
  • Stay hydrated
 And don't cough in my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment