Wednesday, December 7, 2011

So yeah, I'm getting totally ripped

One of my lifting buddies who moved to Omaha to freeze his ass off used to randomly say "Gary, you are one vascular man!" That stopped happening so much when I started gaining weight, and after a while, it stopped. That is because I was no longer a vascular man., I was getting kind of fat.
I have noticed that I am seeing more veins in my arms lately, which means my body fat is dropping.
Today one of my clients got a little creeped out by seeing a vein in my arm. She said something like "Oh my got what is that on your arm, is that cancer?" I was like "It's a vein. Thanks for noticing, I'm about to get totally shredded."

Today I did 3 separate workouts. It snowed, and people freaked out. They cancelled their training sessions, so I literally was stuck at the gym with nothing to do all day.  This is what happens when you have nothing to do:

Workout #1 (supersets)
  • Pulldowns 4 X 15 reps @ 120
  • Seated close-grip row 4 X 15 @ 105

  • Straight-arm pulldown 4 X 15 @ 100
  • Underhand pulldown 4 X fail @ 105

  • Inverted row 3 X 15 @ BW
  • DB Romanian deadlift 3 X 20 @ 10

No, that's not a typo on the last one. I'm still recovering from my injury, so SUPER LIGHT is what I have to do. We'll see how my back feels tomorrow after the deadlifts.


Workout #2
  • Stepmill Interval 3 min at 80 SPM 1 min 60 SPM 30 minutes
  • Treadmill Incline 8 Speed 3.5 mph 20 min.

Workout #3 (superset plus cardio interval)
  • Wall inverted shoulder press 4 X 6, 6, 8, 8
  • Lateral front raise combo 4 X 15 @5
  • 2 Minutes elliptical at 12 resistance
During workout #3 I felt a little twinge in the lower back. It was during the inverted shoulder press.
check out this link: http://youtu.be/FknaOcjTQAM That's not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment